Emerald Bay Municipal Utility District

Board of Directors | Links | Employee Email Login | Operations | Site Map | Contact
Apply for Service
Rates & Fees
Meter Readings
Consumer Report

How to request termination of water service to an existing meter.

In general, it is not advisable to terminate water service unless the service has NO requirements for even small amounts of water, such as ice makers. Most homeowners leave the water connected while a home is on the market even if it is un-occupied. Sprinkler systems, and homes that are for sale and open to the public for viewing, require some water. A vacant lot that has existing water service may possibly be an example of when it would be advisable to request termination of service until such time as water service is required.

Subscribers should be aware that the district DOES NOT provide an option for voluntary termination of Wastewater Service. Wastewater service is only terminated in the event of a rule, ordinance, or safety violation. Additionally, any involuntary termination of service by the district requires notification of the Smith County Health Department and Upper Neches Lake Authority.

If you wish to terminate water service, please review the Schedule A Rates & Fees section of this webpage before you make a request. THERE ARE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH TERMINATION AND REINSTATEMENT OF SERVICE.

Once you have made the decision to terminate water service, select, print, and complete the following request form:

1) Request Termination of Water Service

Bring the completed request form to the District office at the following address:

Emerald Bay Municipal Utility District
155 La Salle Drive
Bullard, TX 75757
Phone: (903) 825-6960
Fax: (903) 825-7589

The District office is open Monday thru Friday, between 7:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. to request service termination and pay the required fee. The termination fee is due at the time of the request.

If you have any questions regarding this process or any other issue, please feel free to contact a District Officer directly.