Emerald Bay Municipal Utility District

Board of Directors | Links | Employee Email Login | Operations | Site Map | Contact
Apply for Service
Rates & Fees
Meter Readings
Consumer Report

How to transfer the water and/or wastewater service of a pre-owned home to a new member.

When a * NEW MEMBER of the Emerald Bay Club/Emerald Bay Homeowners Association purchases an existing pre-owned home from a current member of the Emerald Bay Club/Emerald Bay Homeowners Association, several steps must be completed in order to transfer and receive permanent water and wastewater service. 

First, it is recommended that you review the Rates & Fees section before you make an application.

The fees for the transfer of service to a new member are different from the fees required to transfer service to a current member, and all fees are due at the time of application.

The next step is to apply to the Emerald Bay Municipal Utility District for TEMPORARY WATER AND WASTEWATER SERVICE.  You may wish to print the forms from this section, however, we recommend you contact our office to make arrangements to complete the required service packet for a smooth transfer of services. The water meter will remain locked until all paperwork has been completed and returned to our office.

Select and print the following documents:

Application for Transfer of Water and or Wastewater Service

Purchaser's Notice-Emerald Bay MUD

Emerald Bay - District's Notice

Authorization for Unpaid Obligations Letter Authorization for Unpaid Obligations Signature Page

Water Service Agreement

Wastewater Service Agreement

Water Leak Policy

Debit Authorization Form (optional)

Customer Service Inspection Certificate

Backflow Prevention Assembly Test and Maintenance Report

Complete all documents and bring them to the District office at the following address:

Emerald Bay Municipal Utility District
155 La Salle Drive
Bullard, TX 75757
Phone: (903) 825-6960
Fax: (903) 825-7589

The District office is open Monday thru Friday, between 7:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. to apply for new services and pay the required fees.  Transfer fees are due at the time of application.  Once the application for service has been completed and all "Transfer Fees" are collected, you will be granted TEMPORARY WATER AND WASTEWATER SERVICE. 

Before permanent service is granted, the service address must have a Customer Service Inspection (CSI) performed by a Licensed CSI Inspector.  IF THE SERVICE LOCATION FAILS TO PASS THE CSI, THE SERVICE ADDRESS MUST BE BROUGHT INTO COMPLIANCE WITH THE CURRENT STATE LAWS AND/OR LOCAL DISTRICT ORDINANCES FOR SERVICE TO CONTINUE. 

Additionally, any existing or new backflow devices required by the Customer Service Inspection (CSI) must be inspected and certified by a Licensed Inspector. A separate Backflow Test and Maintenance Report is required for each backflow device required by the CSI Report.

Please print the forms below and give them to the Inspectors when the Customer Service Inspection and Backflow Tests are performed.  The district requires that the inspectors use the District approved forms. 

1) Customer Service Inspection Certificate

2) Backflow Prevention Assembly Test and Maintenance Report

IMPORTANT NOTE: CSI Inspections and Backflow Test and Maintenance Reports MUST be completed and on file at the District office within (30) THIRTY DAYS of application for service to continue.

Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the Ordinances and Rules section of this website. 

If you have any questions regarding this process or any other issue, please feel free to contact a District Officer directly. 

* A NEW MEMBER is defined as a person or persons who has applied for membership and been accepted to the Emerald Bay Club and Emerald Bay Homeowners Association and is in the process of purchasing real property within Emerald Bay Municipal Utility District.